Monday, March 19, 2012

Monday Musings - March 19, 2012

It’s been an uninspiring two weeks, with only a few bright spots to illuminate an otherwise poor showing at my online box office, so to speak.

Two weeks ago, I went to a couple of book sales and did pretty well. My crown jewels of the sale were five vintage boat-building books.  They didn’t have ISBNs to check, but I had a gut feeling that they were worth something.  Two I think were worth in the $40 range, but the others weren’t worth that much.  Bundled together, however, they brought a pretty penny.







In fact, that one sale almost paid for all the books from both sales.

I also picked up a bunch of vintage amateur radio books at one of the sales.  Unfortunately, they’re still waiting for a new home.

Over the weekend, I sold the last of my vintage Power Rangers toys.  The buyer has no feedback, and hasn’t paid yet.  I’m keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

And in the “thank goodness that they’re gone” category, the Friends of the Library finally picked up my books from my storage unit.   They were my cast offs, and had accumulated to about 30 boxes worth.  It took their pickup truck and my SUV to move them to the FOL warehouse. So, not only do I have my storage space back, but also I also have a hefty tax deduction next year, provided I don’t lose the paperwork.

As usual, I have a bunch of stuff to list, both on Amazon and on eBay.  Plus, I really need to get my taxes in order this week.  My grass really needs cutting, and the weeds have taken over my flowerbeds. 

It’s going to be a busy week.

1 comment:

  1. Nice sale on those books! I agree that it's been an uninspiring two weeks. :(

    ReplyDelete