Monday, January 23, 2012

Monday Musings

It was a slow weekend.  Rain and the threat of severe weather kept me in on Saturday morning, even though there apparently were a couple of yard sales that said “rain or shine.”  I always regret not going to sales because of potential lost opportunities, but I must admit that I did enjoy sleeping later than usual.

When I finally dragged myself out of bed, I decided to put the time to good use by spending the day listing some of my backlog.  I made some good headway, including listing two Dungeons & Dragons sets,.  This one sold almost immediately, which made me wonder if I should have set my price higher.


I also fielded a couple of "best offers" for a lot of Nintendo games.  There are 29 games, some worth at least $15, and I have it priced at $139 or "Best Offer."   Unfortunately, the "best offers" were in the $40 range. I don't think so.

In addition, I listed several Care Bears that had been just sitting around.  My favorite listing, though, is my first edition Harry Potter book that was published in England.  It's not worth a whole lot, but it's cool.

On Sunday, I decided to spend a little time on Amazon listings.  Amazon has been my bread and butter for a while, but I had been neglecting it in favor of getting my eBay store up and running properly.  So, I listed and listed, and got two boxes (one of books, the other of toys) ready to send to Amazon's FBA program.

I also managed to sneak to Wal-Mart to scout their toy clearance.  Not much there for resellers, unfortunately.  Margins were still too slim to make any money.

I finished my weekend on Sunday night by watching the ballgame, and packing everything that had sold.

All in all, it was a decent two days.  I hope the weather is better, and the sales more plentiful next weekend, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment